THE LATEST NEWS & EVENTS
- Please Note Sunday School Classes (Bible Life Classes) will resume Sept. 17.
Please note that Pastor Jim is on vacation from August 21st to the 27th. Roberta will be in the office on Monday (21st), Tuesday (22nd), and Wednesday (23rd). Office closed on Thursday and Friday.
The fund for worship equipment is just short of our goal of $10,000! You may use your offering envelope for both General Offering and Worship Equipment giving, by indicating on your envelope the amounts to be designated to each category. We would love to have the new piano in place for our 180th Anniversary service on September 10th so please consider donating soon!
THIS WEEK AT LBCBC
Verse of the Week: Philippians 1:3 “I thank my God every time I remember you.”
Sermon and Worship on Sunday, August 20th will be conducted by Special Speaker – Josh McCabe.
SUNDAY – AUGUST 20
- Worship Service: 10:30 am – Pastor Al Vincent continues to proclaim God’s Word to us. Please remember him in prayer.
- Nursery for 0-2 years old, Kid-Zone for ages 3 – Grade 3
MONDAY – AUGUST 21
- Foot Care Clinic: 9am- 4pm
TUESDAY – AUGUST 22
- CC Adult Day Program: 8:30am – 4pm
WEDNESDAY AUGUST 23
- Ladies Craft Group: 1-4pm
Bible Life Classes will resume on September 18th. Worship Service is at 10:30am.
This fall we will be launching a new community life outreach course called “Worldview Rethink.” It will be Thursday evenings at the church from 7:00-9:00 pm for nine weeks, from Sept 21 – Nov. 16. It will include a book and a companion workbook, and the cost will be $10 (see http://wp.me/pPiok-1hO for more information.)
We are pleased to announce that with a unanimous vote, to call Pastor Dan Sedore as Pastor of Little Britain Community Baptist Church, he has accepted the position. Please be in prayer for his family and for Thornloe Crossroads Church during this time of transition. Further information regarding his start date will be announced at a future date ~ The Deacons’ Board (see https://lbcbc.wordpress.com/our-leadership/ for more).
Anniversary Sunday is September 10th – We are having a special anniversary service to remember our history and to cast the vision for future ministry. Please plan on being here that day and start thinking about who you could invite to come out and catch the vision for what God is calling us to as a community of faith. Immediately after the Anniversary Sunday service will be a fellowship lunch consisting of beef on a bun, salads, and pies for dessert. Please sign up for what you will be able to bring to contribute to the salads and pies. Please invite your friends come out and worship with us and to stay for the lunch.
- To make it easy for you to “sign up” for any events or activities, you can use the SEND A REPLY box at the bottom of most pages. The first time you use this feature, you will be asked to create an account.
- The SEND A REPLY box can also be used to ask questions about the church, or make suggestions about the website. We welcome your input!
Church Phone: 705-786-2200
Church Fax: 705-786-1057
Church E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Church Address: Box 62, 489 Eldon Road, Little Britain, ON K0M 2C0